A completely new facility to support leading-edge computing security work
Placed in an enclosed environment with an insulated Internet network and with access protected by biometric recognition, the laboratory offers a reliable technological and regulatory framework for conducting sensitive tests and operations. It has been designed for guaranteeing the security of the data, phenomena and equipment being analysed. It comprises three distinct areas:
- working room for researchers;
- cluster room equipped with three units:
- a virtual telescope which picks up malicious codes and signs of attacks and which enables Internet probe experiments;
- a "test-tube" sealed network which allows sensitive experiments, such as analysing malicious codes, to be run without running the risk of contaminating the entire network;
- a production unit for distributing the tools developed in the LHS: anti-virus, analysis tools etc ;
- "red" room. Not connected to the network, this room enables the handling of very sensitive information and data. This room receives equipment or material to be studied in total confidentiality as part of partnerships with industry.